Advantages against Lead Acid battery:
1. Weight: Less than half the weight of lead acid battery.
2. Discharge: Lithium-ion batteries are discharged 100% versus less than 80% for lead acid. Most lead acid batteries do not recommend more than 50% depth of discharge.
3. Cycle Life: Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries cycle 2000-5000 times or more compared to just 400-500 cycles in lead acid batteries.
4. Voltage: Lithium-ion batteries maintain their voltage throughout the entire discharge cycle. This allows for greater and longer-lasting efficiency of electrical components. Lead acid voltage drops consistently throughout the discharge cycle.
5. Cost: Despite the higher upfront cost of lithium-ion batteries, the true cost of ownership is far less than lead acid when considering life span and performance.
6. Environmental Impact: There is far less disposal and environmental hazard posed by lithium batteries compared to the short-lived and toxic lead acid batteries.
7. LiFePO4 battery is the most stable and safest among other lithium ion batteries.