SolarEdge’s EV charging single phase inverter enables homeowners to charge their electric vehicles directly from the power of the sun, maximizing their solar usage and further reducing their electricity bills. They will also benefit from the ability to charge EVs up to 2.5 times faster than a standard EV charger through an innovative solar boost mode that utilizes grid and PV charging simultaneously.
By installing the EV charging inverter, you’ll benefit from the reduced hassle of installing separately a standalone EV charger and a PV inverter, as well as integration with the SolarEdge monitoring platform.
Whether your customer owns an EV now or just wants to be EV-ready, get ready to drive your business into the future with SolarEdge.
Full Visibility and Control
The SolarEdge EV charging single phase inverter supports full network connectivity and integrates seamlessly with the SolarEdge monitoring platform. Homeowners can track their charging status, control vehicle charging, and set charging schedules. Monitoring features include:
- Smart-scheduling for use with Time of Use (TOU) rates — charge from the grid during off-peak hours
- Track solar, EV, and grid consumption for visibility and control of household energy usage
- Remote operation via mobile app — turn charging on and off
- View charging duration, charge energy, and solar charge status
- Easy inverter commissioning directly through your smartphone using the SetApp mobile application
- Combines solar and grid power for EV charging up to 2.5 times faster than a typical mode 2 charger
- Maximizes self-consumption and optimizes use of renewable energy
- Designed to work specifically with SolarEdge power optimizers
- Record-breaking 99% efficiency and high reliability, powered by HD-Wave technology
- Small, lightweight, and as easy to install and commission as a standard SolarEdge inverter
- Built-in, module-level monitoring (monitoring connection is also required for first-time EV charging)
- Advanced safety features, including integrated arc fault protection
- Flexible selection of charger cable types and lengths (cable and holder ordered separately)
- Built-in 6mA DC-RCD, compliant with IEC 62752:2016, for reduced labor and installation cost
EV Charger Configuration
For EV charger configuration via the monitoring app, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or cellular connectivity is required.